Gower Walking Festival: 7 – 22 June, 2014
Centred on Britain’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Gower Walking Festival is organised and run entirely by volunteers and is a great opportunity to see the wonderful wildlife and scenery of the Gower Peninsula and the surrounding area. In 2013, the festival attracted walkers from all over the UK and Europe and 1500 places were filled, making the Gower Walking Festival the largest in Wales. Join us this summer and experience the friendly and healthy way of enjoying the stunning scenery of the peninsula with our wide variety of walks and events.
Email: Click here to contact us
Booking opens on 24 February: Online at www.gowerwalkingfestival.org or phone 01792 363392
Prices: Adults £4 Children £1 (Prices vary for specialist walks/events, cream tea £8)
Our brochure is now available to view on-line at www.gowerwalkingfestival.org/brochure/
- Choose from 72 guided walks and activities offered over 16 days for experienced walkers, leisurely strollers and everyone in between!
- Attempt the two day coastal path challenge taking in dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches and the marshlands of the peninsula
- In Dylan Thomas’s centenary year, walk to his birthplace
- Enjoy a family treasure hunt in north Gower
- Delve into Gower’s history – Celtic saints, Norman castles and Copperopolis
- Explore the flora and fauna and geology with local experts
- Go kayaking or take a canal boat
- Taste the delicious local food on the gourmet walk
- Improve your photography skills
- Finally, on Saturday 14 June help us celebrate our tenth anniversary with a cream tea in a beautiful “sunken garden” with Derek Brockway, our honorary patron.
Walks book up quickly so if you want to secure a place on your favoured events, please book soon.
See the brochure for this year’s competitions. Our art, literature and photography competitions are open to all walkers.